No subject

Tue Nov 18 23:43:20 CET 2008

gershayim should always occur internal to a word. If<br>
Mati agrees with that general characterization, then I<br>
believe the context we need to summarize in the Overview<br>
is more constrained:<br>
Overview:<br>
 =C2=A0 The script of the preceding character and the subsequent<br>
 =C2=A0 character MUST be Hebrew.<br>
And I think *more* constrained is good in this case, as<br>
internal to a Hebrew word is much less likely to cause<br>
either confusion with quotation marks or any bidi quirks.<br>
If we agree on that more constrained statement of the<br>
intended context, then the Rule Set itself can be<br>
simplified to:<br>
Rule Set:<br>
 =C2=A0 False;<br>
 =C2=A0 If Script(Before(cp)) .eq. Hebrew And<br>
 =C2=A0 =C2=A0 =C2=A0Script(After(cp)) .eq. Hebrew Then True;<br>
Note that with my restatement of the pseudo-code, the<br>
edge cases of gershayim at the beginning or end of a label<br>
will automatically be excluded, because Before(cp)<br>
would evaluate to Undefined at the start of a label<br>
and After(cp) would evaluate to Undefined at the end of<br>
a label.<br>
I believe this restatement and simplification of A.8<br>
would be of service to the IDNA2008 users.<br>
--Ken<br>