No subject

Tue Nov 18 23:43:20 CET 2008

sense because that is the internet byte order.

On the other hand today we have 63.63...63.63 with
a maximum of 255 characters per domainname. That
would shrink to 15.15..15.15 with a max of 63.

As DNS is not a tree but a flat file with practically
all domains in ".com" those 63 character probably
would be enough but 15 characters between the dots?

UTF-16 is a mess but some browsers dont even get
UTF-16-BE correctly which is again the natural byte
order.

UTF-8 and ISO-8859-15 did not work the way I expected
so I had to code ISO-8859-1 really. See for yourself
if UTF-8 works. It might depend on browser and os.

Well the "upper case" sz and the "lower case" &euro
simply do not exist. If you invent them it will kill
your search algorithms.

As for the french accents or their non existence in
the "upper" case ... french writers (those comming
from the french government) are a minority.

Most french writers do come from Québec or from
Canada at least, maybe from Belgium or Swizzerland.

And even if they do come from Normandie or the
Channel Islands, you will find a lot of old literature
that does have accents on capital letters.

Kind regards
Peter

--
Peter and Karin Dambier