draft-ietf-idnabis-tables-03.txt

Mark Davis mark at macchiato.com
Wed Nov 5 03:15:04 CET 2008

Glad to see the Contextual Rules Registry now in the
document. The structure needs more work (as noted: "The grammatical
rules and operations for the pseudocode below are left as an exercise
for the reader in this draft."),
which is fine.
But the contents of the rules themselves also appear to be purely mockups
for discussion, and requiring considerable review and discussion before they
can be finalized. That should also be noted in the text of the document.

For example, the rules for ZWNJ or ZWJ which don't match actual usage, or
those
for MODIFIER LETTER PRIME (used in romanized Cyrillic as well as Greek), or
those for GERESH, which can be a final characters in words, but the rules
require to be followed by a Hebrew letter, when "-" should also be allowed
(the GERSHAYIM rules on the other hand are ok, since it is only medial).

Mark