Punycode & IMA/EAI

JFC Morfin jefsey at jefsey.com
Thu May 22 15:25:41 CEST 2008

At 07:55 22/05/2008, John C Klensin wrote:
>"user puts a string in, it gets converted to punycode form, it gets
>converted back, user doesn't recognize result".
>
>There are obvious and difficult tradeoffs here and IDNA2003
>wasn't "wrong".  It just appears that making the tradeoff the
>other way and moving in that direction as quickly as possible
>is, on balance and with experience, a better choice.

Dear John,
this is certainly the best and clearest begining of a user oriented
explanation of IDNA2008's purpose to non-involved people. However,
the "other way" and "that direction" are not enlightning enough. How
would you phrase it to be more informative for them? I am sure this
would help a lot of people to understand better. More over if Tina,
ICANN, Felex and W3C, etc. used the same quote in their glossary, etc.
jfc