punyspace summary

Vint Cerf vint at google.com
Sun May 18 04:17:15 CEST 2008

Jefsey,

you forget perhaps that the internet is based on voluntary adoption
of standards. IETF does not and cannot enforce; and ICANN has limited
means to do so through SOME contracts with SOME parties but not at
all levels of DNS nor resellers nor some other operators.

so we just have to write the best technical specifications we can and
make them available.

vint