Archaic scripts (was: Re: New version: draft-ietf-idna-tables-01.txt)

Andrew Sullivan ajs at commandprompt.com
Thu May 8 21:41:05 CEST 2008

On Thu, May 08, 2008 at 12:20:26PM -0700, Kenneth Whistler wrote:
> If you need an appeal to outside specification, then please
> see Table 4 in UAX #31, which was created precisely for this

[. . .]

> and Egyptian Hieroglyphics will be added to that Table 4 in
> UAX #31.

This goes a long way to addressing my biggest concern, which is that
we were proposing to have a new class of things we'd need to make
decisions about.

I'm still pretty uneasy about adding to the population of DISALLOWED,
but if people really want to do it, I think "Table 4 in UAX #31" would
be a good rule to generate the disallowed list.

Andrew Sullivan
ajs at commandprompt.com
+1 503 667 4564 x104
http://www.commandprompt.com/