Lookup & NFC

Paul Hoffman phoffman at imc.org
Thu Mar 27 19:05:23 CET 2008

At 10:41 AM -0700 3/27/08, Shawn Steele wrote:

>I missed the part about mapping being moved to a different spec :)

It's not clear how to interpret that smiley face. The "mapping being
specified elsewhere" is not relevant to your question. Section 5.4
lists requirements on any client that is doing lookup. What the
bullet you mention requires is that every DNS client, even ones with
no preprocessing in the local environment, MUST have the ability to
determine whether or not each string (label) is in NFC form.