Unregistered code points and new prefixes (was: Re: sharp s(Eszett))

Stephane Bortzmeyer bortzmeyer at nic.fr
Sun Mar 9 14:54:33 CET 2008

On Sun, Mar 09, 2008 at 10:47:11AM +0100,
 Cary Karp <ck at nic.museum> wrote
 a message of 64 lines which said:

> The ccTLD registries are not subject to the same across the board
> constraint. The resulting user confusion is significant

Data, please. Not FUD. Quote phishing reports, for instance (real
phishing attacks, not demos).

> and the retroactive imposition of remedial policies is not a viable
> means for addressing this problem (nor is simply dismissing or
> tolerating it).

As I said in my previous message, I disagree. The "problem" is a very
small one and not of any emergency. (And almost entirely out of scope
for the IETF.)