Delimiter position stability (Re: Comments on bidi-04)

Harald Tveit Alvestrand harald at alvestrand.no
Tue Mar 4 00:08:50 CET 2008

Mark Davis skrev:
> Erik and I discussed this (the advantage of sitting nearby). What we
> want is that label characters "stick" together, but also be delimited.
>
> Take the following sequence (where a-i are any characters of legal labels)
>
> abc.def/ghi
>
> It would be ok to have arbitrary reordering of letters between
> delimiters, and arbitrary ordering of whole labels and delimiters, eg:
>
> gih/dfe.bac
>
> but not
> gihd/fe.bac
> nor
> egih/df.bac
> nor
> egih/bacdfe.
I know I encountered some cases where .abc. would rearrange into abc.. -
but that was while I was still testing with "sor" and "eor" different
from the embedding direction. I'll have to make explicit tests to see if
this property is achievable (I agree that it would be nice if it was).

(I checked my code too, and it also only checks for the group-ness of
the label)

              Harald