NFKC and dots

Erik van der Poel erikv at google.com
Sun Mar 2 17:50:05 CET 2008

Hi Shawn,

Thanks for the info. After I sent that email, I discussed it with some
of the ICU folks, and they also said that one way to do this would be
to perform NFKC on the entire domain name before splitting it into
labels. Mark's pre-processing draft says something similar:

http://docs.google.com/Doc?id=dfqr8rd5_51c3nrskcx&pli=1

Actually, I've been meaning to gather folks who are interested in HTML
and IDNA so that we can discuss this pre-processing spec. However, I
do not want to distract the nascent working group, which probably
wants to focus on the on-the-wire specs (IDNA200X, 4 drafts: issues,
protocol, tables and bidi).

Should we set up a separate mailing list for those that wish to
discuss HTML and IDNA?

Erik