ICANN PR campaign

Gervase Markham gerv at mozilla.org
Mon Jun 30 16:40:38 CEST 2008

Frank Ellermann wrote:
> If you don't see it, they deleted the IDNAbis page on their IDN
> wiki.  I guess I had invested about 200 hours in that project,
> documenting the IDNAbis history (+ related RFC and drafts) from
> 2007-10 until the day before yesterday.

Blimey, that's vicious. It's certainly ICANN's right to decide what goes
on their wikis, but he didn't even leave the historical versions behind
so you could salvage your work and put it up somewhere else. He starts
his earlier comments with "We appreciate the effort that has gone into
the preparation of this article"[0], but clearly he didn't appreciate
them enough to make sure that the author(s) were able to retain a copy
when it was "deleted herewith".

Gerv

[0] http://idn.icann.org/Talk:IDNAbis