A-label definition

John C Klensin klensin at jck.com
Tue Jun 24 13:17:29 CEST 2008

--On Tuesday, 24 June, 2008 02:44 -0700 Vint Cerf
<vint at google.com> wrote:

> Martin that sounds right to me too. John are we missing some
> important collateral issue?

Nope.  While single-character names make me nervous even with
"ideographic" scripts, Martin is clearly correct.

Were we (for some value of "we") to go with a document that was
partially or mostly a discussion of tradeoffs and
recommendations, as suggested in my previous note, it could
sensibly discuss the issues here and then leave the decisions to
ICANN (presumably on a case-by-case basis, which is the way all
TLD decisions are made).

      john