A-label definition (was: IDN test TLDs)

YAO Jiankang yaojk at cnnic.cn
Fri Jun 20 03:51:21 CEST 2008

IMO,

    It is better if we clarify 3 definitions.

     LDH , which is the domain name lable defined in RFC 1034 and 1035
    U-label , which contains at least a non-ASCII character
    A-label, which is transformed from U-label with the  algorithm (punycode), plus a prefix such as XN--
    (some lable withe the prefix XN-- can not be converted to U-label is not valid A-label)

    LDH label includes A-label.

 YAO Jiankang