Single-letter names

Vint Cerf vint at google.com
Sat Jul 5 19:18:01 CEST 2008

Jefsey, you are misreading and potentially misrepresenting my position.

I am NOT saying that that ASCII issues are not part of the IDNABIS
charter, only that I believe the question of single character ascii
TLDs or SLDs are not an issue for this working group.

plainly there ARE ASCII issues associated with IDNs because of the
encoding methods we use.

With regard to single character U-Labels, I am not seeing a protocol-
based problem but I couched my comments in a way to elicit WG
reactions, not to declare a WG consensus on the matter.

vint