Tonus (was: Re: Casefolding Sigma (was: Re: IDNAbis Preprocessing Draft))

Vaggelis Segredakis segred at ics.forth.gr
Thu Jan 31 10:55:31 CET 2008

Harald,

I am referring to the .gr database of Domain Names.

No one has violated anything, since we keep the domain names with lower case
sigmas but the people who chose to register these specific domain names have
done so because they can input them on the browser line as they spell them
in Greek, with the final sigmas in place. Should we deny them of this
choice?

Should I start spelling my name as Βαγγέλησ instead of Βαγγέλης which is the
correct spelling because some people had problems designing a multilingual
protocol for computers?

Kind Regards,

Vaggelis