ALWAYS/MAYBE and CJK (was: Re: IDNAbis Main Open Issues)

Michael Everson everson at evertype.com
Thu Jan 24 00:00:13 CET 2008

For what it is worth, as a linguist, indeed as a linguist celebrated
for defending minority communities and all of those poor folk who
don't make anybody any money, I agree with every word Ken Whistler
has just written.

I've been involved in watching this tussle since May 2005. I'm still
on the side of the linguists and I still wish the protocol people
would listen to the linguists.

I was cheered by what Gervase said about displaying final sigma. I
hope that the Mozilla and Safari and IE get together and agree on a
method to do the right thing for the Greeks.

I don't know whether my views are considered valuable by many of the
people on this list. I'll go back to lurking.