Simple Properties and Derived Properties (was: Re: Normalization of Hangul)

Patrik Fältström patrik at frobbit.se
Thu Feb 21 00:40:05 CET 2008

On 21 feb 2008, at 00.33, Kenneth Whistler wrote:

> Implementations should *use* the derived properties, and not
> try to rederive them from lists of simple properties and
> collections of rules, because of the chances for error and
> divergence when doing so.

I understand, sort of, but, I still need to understand. If a derived
property is derived, if one do not have interoperable results when
calculating it again from the origins, then there is a bug somewhere.
I have not seen anything that say what is normative if the calculation
is giving a different result than what is in the DerivedProperties.txt
file.

Do you have such rules?

    Patrik