consensus item - "IDNA2008"

Cary Karp ck at nic.museum
Tue Dec 23 10:55:07 CET 2008

I add my voice to those who do not regard this as an issue worth even a
fraction of the attention it's been getting, and think the rubric
should remain IDNA2008. If the number designates a single year, given
that the effort is now swinging into its third, the median value is
quite appropriate.

Additionally, references to IDNA2003 that have been hewn in stone or
engraved in metal can be altered seemlessly to IDNA2008. This would
not be true if the change were made to any of the other numbers that
that we might be considering.

Best holiday wishes!

Cary