consensus item - "IDNA2008"

Vint Cerf vint at google.com
Sun Dec 21 15:36:20 CET 2008

Although we may not finalize all consensus items until early in 2009,
I would like to ask for consensus to stick with the "IDNA2008"
nomenclature for two reasons:

1. the bulk of the work has been done in that year
2. the term clearly distinguishes IDNA2008 from IDNA2003

I recognize that suggestions have been made to rename the work "IDNA"
or "IDNA2009" but it seems to me that we have a body of material
(draft I-Ds and list commentary) that references "IDNA2008" and that
it serves clarity to retain the binding.

May I assume concurrence?

vint

Vint Cerf
Google