Mixing of AN and EN (Re: Protocol-08 (and status of Defs-04 and Rationale-06))

Eric Brunner-Williams ebw at abenaki.wabanaki.net
Mon Dec 15 16:12:55 CET 2008

I've got a lot on my plate too, last week and this, as some clever
persons at ICANN decided to surprise everyone with a proposal to put
"famous marks" in the IANA root, and remove the requirement for
registrars (good or bad) for this endless supply of golden
wonderfulness. So I'm in damage control mode (probably a waste of time
as the ICANN problem gets worse, not better) for another couple of days.
Then I'll be able to follow up with the tools supplied by Erik and
Harald and look into rules 4 and 5 in -bidi- and the possibility that
these may be more narrowly restated.

I just read Mark's comment regarding the bidi issues current for the
Unicode bidi subcommittee.

Eric