Protocol-08 (and status of Defs-04 and Rationale-06)

Harald Tveit Alvestrand harald at alvestrand.no
Mon Dec 8 07:51:33 CET 2008

Alireza Saleh skrev:
> Vint, Harald,
>

> Besides, I would like to know if there will be any updates regarding
> the -BIDI ?
I have a few nits that have been pointed out to me, so there will be an
-04 eventually. But I have planned no technical changes.

If the contextual rules for digits go in, they go in -tables.

Note: As stated clearly in -bidi-03 (and -bidi-02 before that), the bidi
rules forbid the mixing of Arabic-Indic numbers with European numbers,
and Arabic-Indic numbers with extended Arabic-Indic numbers, but do not
forbid the mixing of European numbers with extended Arabic-Indic
numbers. The reasoning is in the document.

                       Harald