Mapping other Digits to 0-9

Alireza Saleh saleh at nic.ir
Sat Dec 6 02:04:20 CET 2008

Andrew Sullivan wrote:
> On Fri, Dec 05, 2008 at 11:26:32AM -0800, Shawn Steele wrote:
>

>> That's fine, but then I'm confused about what the discussion of the
>> Arabic digits is?  Is it just to disallow Arabic digits?
>> (Disallowing them implies to me that someone would map them.)  In
>> either case this isn't just Arabic digits, we allow mapping of
>> digits for other scripts as well.
>>

> No, I believe what we are discussing is adding a context rule to the
> protocol that says, "If a label contains a code point in $somerange,
> it must not also contain any code point for $otherrange."  The
> discussion is (1) whether to add this at all and (2) if adding it is
> ok, what the values of $somerange and $otherrange should be.

1) Are $somerange and $otherange both limited to digits only ? ( My
Answer : Don't think so )

2) Does the number of members of $somerange need to be equal to
$otherange ( one to one mapping ) ? ( My Answer : Don't think so )

3) Can $somerange or $otherrange  have one member ? ( My Answer : Yes )

Alireza.