Mapping other Digits to 0-9

Andrew Sullivan ajs at shinkuro.com
Fri Dec 5 20:50:23 CET 2008

On Fri, Dec 05, 2008 at 11:26:32AM -0800, Shawn Steele wrote:

> That's fine, but then I'm confused about what the discussion of the
> Arabic digits is?  Is it just to disallow Arabic digits?
> (Disallowing them implies to me that someone would map them.)  In
> either case this isn't just Arabic digits, we allow mapping of
> digits for other scripts as well.

No, I believe what we are discussing is adding a context rule to the
protocol that says, "If a label contains a code point in $somerange,
it must not also contain any code point for $otherrange."  The
discussion is (1) whether to add this at all and (2) if adding it is
ok, what the values of $somerange and $otherrange should be.

Andrew Sullivan
ajs at shinkuro.com
Shinkuro, Inc.