Heart-shaped digits

Eric Brunner-Williams ebw at abenaki.wabanaki.net
Thu Dec 4 00:02:35 CET 2008

John,

The string in the .ir registry is composed only of characters from the
ASB. I used the translated string since few here, self included, could
be usefully left alone with a Farsi language string in Arabic Script
[1], and I'd bet a lot more than a couple of C notes that very, very few
would even recognize that there was a digit in the string, let alone see
it as a visual pun.

I suspect that, at least for the bit Harald's drawn attention to, that
"what we are disagreeing about here" is nothing.

Eric

[1] The International Dunhuang Project has a nice example of a Farsi
language commercial text written in Hebrew Script. Quite an eye opener.