Statements of policy (was: Re: Issues lists and the "preprocessing" topic : requirement for policy)

Andrew Sullivan ajs at commandprompt.com
Thu Aug 21 21:25:33 CEST 2008

On Thu, Aug 21, 2008 at 11:26:10AM -0700, Tina Dam wrote:

> Im interested as well. With adequate policies for registration we
> would not have the resolution issues that otherwise would occur.

Note that what I am thinking of is not a set of policies or any
recommendation on what policies a zone operator ("registry") might
adopt.  It's instead a way for zone operators to express what their
policies are, and for clients to look up those policies.

Anyway, since a few people have suggested to me that this isn't a
completely stupid idea, I'll see whether I can put something together.

Andrew Sullivan
ajs at commandprompt.com
+1 503 667 4564 x104
http://www.commandprompt.com/