Determining the basic approach

Paul Hoffman phoffman at imc.org
Tue Apr 29 19:20:44 CEST 2008

Greetings again. According to our charter, one of the first tasks of
this WG is to determine whether we are going to make "a change to the
basic approach taken in the design team documents". To that end, I
have circulated a few versions of a draft that lists all of the basic
approaches embodied in the current design team documents:

http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-hoffman-idna200x-topics-03.txt

In order to make our deadlines (and I really like Patrik's suggestion
in his most recent document that we call this effort IDNA2008 so we
try to meet that goal), we should start that discussion sooner rather
than later.

Using the draft's numbering of topics that are different between
IDNA2003 and the design team documents,

I support the WG adopting: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 10,

I am neutral on the WG adopting: 8, 9

I am against the WG adopting: 11, a, b