Historic scripts as MAYBE?

Patrik Fältström patrik at frobbit.se
Mon Apr 28 21:21:15 CEST 2008

On 28 apr 2008, at 19.46, Mark Davis wrote:

> What I am talking about is something different; the ability for the
> IETF
> itself (not Unicode) to change the values in the exception table, to
> a very
> limited extent, and only in "exceptional" cases, with the same
> process as
> used to update the CONTEXT tables -- without issuing an obsoleting
> RFC.

*I* can not see any ability for such a change without obsoleting an
RFC. Similar to changes to the exceptions table.

And, the reason for that is that I personally think that such a change
is so drastic that an IETF action is needed for that to happen.

If the consensus in this wg is something different, well, that is up
to this wg to decide.

    Patrik