Historic scripts as MAYBE?

JFC Morfin jefsey at jefsey.com
Mon Apr 28 15:37:21 CEST 2008

FYI
The Multilingual Cultural and Semantic Internet Enhanced Cooperation
under formation (MULTILINC) will most problay gather regional culture
historic/academic and language top level domain projects. I would
prefer we do not add too many reasons for cultural and semantic
projects to be IDNA non-interoperable. May I remind you that domain
names are used in IRIs.

I doubt that extended debates on Unicode code points belong to a
stable Internet protocol working group. We already experimented that
kind of technical creep at WG-LTRU where the IDNA issue had been
roughtconsensually kept aside (I did not agree). IMHO, this kind of
decision does not belong to protocols designers, but to operations
managers and users. However, this WG can/should certainly document
how the change of accepted reference (new Unicode version,
restrictions on the extension of tables) should be handled, through
which reciprocal process (we are on a distributed multilaterally
managed network), how should it be documented, maintained, and
disseminated, what are the consequences on nth domain name level, etc.
jfc