Stability of valid IDN labels

Frank Ellermann hmdmhdfmhdjmzdtjmzdtzktdkztdjz at gmail.com
Tue Apr 22 21:04:00 CEST 2008

Mark Davis wrote:

> For those who (perhaps unlike Frank) have not memorized the
> code points of all characters, this is the *CAPITAL SHARP S.*

Right, its smaller cousin certainly made it already on this
list, Ken's verdict here duly noted in a remote public place:
<http://idn.icann.org/User:Frank#Unsorted_links>

(I fear if I add all Unicode points and all RFCs I know
 "by number" that I'd end up with "about one hundred"...)

> It was encoded largely at the request of the German national
> body.

For a definition of "national body" not endorsed by everybody
when it comes to typographic artwork or to slightly oversized
memos about document formats, yes.

> I'll ask our administrator

Rick is aware of the issue, I tried to create a public mirror
in the form of a "Google group" to get an Atom feed, aborted
after it sent automatical invitations to innocent bystanders
without their (or my) consent.

After that clear violation of "above all, avoid loops" - the
first and last rule in any decent "gateway operator manual" -
I decided to stay out of trouble for some months.  Maybe the
robots.txt rules were relaxed later, I can't tell.

 Frank