WG Review: Internationalized Domain Names in Applications (Revised) (idnabis)

Vint Cerf vint at google.com
Tue Apr 8 23:15:09 CEST 2008

It is believed that the first attempt in 2003 did not adequately deal
with several key issues including Unicode version-independence.

The "public" reference is in some sense both a combination of more
IETF involvement beyond the design team that has developed the IDs
upon which it is expected the working group effort will be based and
the general public to the extent that "last call" might engage
parties in addition to the usual IETF participants. Please do note
however that the design team believes it has consulted selectively
among IETF and linguistic experts in the course of refining its
proposal. It wishes to validate its work with a wider community.

If there is significant lack of consensus on the design team's
drafts, we will certainly revisit schedule and possibly even charter.

vint