New version, draft-faltstrom-idnabis-tables-02.txt, available

Debbie Garside debbie at ictmarketing.co.uk
Wed Jun 20 11:12:17 CEST 2007

Hi

I see both sides of this and I think there could be a compromise.  I like
Patrik's "rules" but I can see that they will not work without some human
intervention.  Is there a way forward that will utilise the rules as a
starting point to produce a base list which is then revised by
UNICODE/script experts?

For me, as Editor if ISO 639-6, I would like to see Unicode Codepoints
allocated to the language writing system (alpha4) code within ISO 639-6 -
that's why I put them there! I put this to the CLDR group last year.  A lot
of work but it would be a beautiful result.  Subsets of the codepoints
allocated to a writing system could be created for IDN purposes.

Best regards

Debbie