New version, draft-faltstrom-idnabis-tables-02.txt, available

Patrik Fältström patrik at frobbit.se
Wed Jun 20 10:01:08 CEST 2007

On 20 jun 2007, at 09.44, Michael Everson wrote:

> At 08:50 +0200 2007-06-20, Patrik Fältström wrote:
>
>> I am not at this stage prepared [to be?] adding rules that
>> explicitly map to individual codepoints.
>
> Why not? I for one said half a year ago that the list cannot be
> made on the basis of script alone.

The rules are not based on script alone. It use many different
properties.

>> Is what you say the only way of getting the proper derived value
>> to add such a rule?
>
> Why should this be troublesome?

Because it will be harder to move forward to future versions of
Unicode if the property value have to be decided based on inspections
of individual codepoints instead of "just" a derived value based on
other things one have already defined.

    Patrik