IDNNever.txt

Avri Doria avri at acm.org
Fri Feb 9 23:28:35 CET 2007

Hi Vint,

I obviously missed the conflagration.  I will go back and check
archives to see if i can find the signs and reasons for it.

In the meantime, I am not trying to burn anything, just trying to
understand the reason for such decisions.  Are they technical?
policy? something else altogether?  Is it the single script per label
rule?  A homograph problem?

If this isn't the right place-time to ask such questions, where and
when is?  If making the answer public is too risky, can someone give
me the right clue privately (though I don't know why we should ever
be afraid to talk of the reasons for things in public).  Is the
reason perhaps documented in some i-d/rfc somewhere? I think it
certainly should be if the question is so dangerous.

Just looking for a clue on why the strict prohibition/avoidance.  I
got to the question in a quest to look for answers for non literate
users - an extension of the ML problem and if there is a technical
answer i would like to know.

thanks.

a.