Table-building

Harald Tveit Alvestrand harald at alvestrand.no
Sun Feb 4 21:05:51 CET 2007

Ken,

on whether "tri-state" or "2 binary properties" is the superior
representation of the problem, I'll just state that the only difference
between them is that "2 binary properties" has one silly state, and "one
tri-state property" does not have it.

--On 2. februar 2007 13:31 -0800 Kenneth Whistler <kenw at sybase.com> wrote:

> But my contention is that that is really *not* necessary,
> and that all this specification needs is:
>
> Code points    xxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ooooooo
> IDN_Permitted  TTTTTTTTTTTTT FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF FFFFFFF
>
> In future versions of Unicode, some o's will become x's.
> And when they do, some of those x's will get
> IDN_Permitted=True.
>
> It *may* be the case, given sufficient information that
> at the same time, some x's that were already x's will
> also get IDN_Permitted=True.

In other words: You think there is no need for a stability guarantee for
the set of "assigned and not IDN_Permitted", or a subset thereof.

                  Harald