Mixing scripts

Paul Hoffman phoffman at imc.org
Fri Dec 29 19:05:09 CET 2006

At 10:46 AM +0100 12/29/06, Kent Karlsson wrote:
>The additional restrictions (above current IDN spec) should be
>the same for all. I.e. built-in to IDNbis, or related other
>rules-for-all,
>not added in different ways in different browser lines.

There is no way to enforce that in the real world. Some browser
manufacturers will do certain things differently if they think that
doing so will help their users, or will make them more money. The
fact that a browser vendor is doing this now is irrelevant for the
protocol unless there is widespread support among many browser
vendors that this should be a standard. There is no such support.