Mixing scripts (Re: Unicode versions (Re: Criteria forexceptional characters))

Michel Suignard michelsu at windows.microsoft.com
Mon Dec 25 02:13:11 CET 2006

Martin, don't worry, the IDN restriction supersedes the mixed script
list in our case. I agree that the  list as presented may be confusing.
It was built as an exercise as which script elements may be not
confusable with ASCII characters in a more generic context than IDN.
Although I wonder now whether there are Arabic or Hebrew characters that
are neither R nor AL which could still qualify for the allowed mix. I am
now on an internet connection which is way too slow to check the general
categories of all Hebrew and Arabic characters to make sure of that
context and verify that. But like I said before, ToASCII still rules.

Michel