Moving Right Along on the Inclusions Table...

Michael Everson everson at evertype.com
Thu Dec 21 12:58:00 CET 2006

At 10:36 +0000 2006-12-21, Gervase Markham wrote:
>Michael Everson wrote:
>>Ethiopic word space, please. It is used as we use hyphens, and the
>>use of hyphen for that purpose is unknown to them.
>
>How many other languages have a "hyphen-like" character which we
>will then need to include?

You mean "a visible wordspace" since that's a function of HYPHEN in
IDN relevant here. Actually, no, I really don't think there are.
Scripts which use visible wordspaces are mostly extinct.

I don't say that not adding ETHIOPIC WORDSPACE is a deal-breaker or
anything. But it should be considered carefully.