Moving Right Along on the Inclusions Table...

Harald Alvestrand harald at alvestrand.no
Wed Dec 20 15:13:35 CET 2006

Kenneth Whistler wrote:
> On
>

>> Date: Sat, 16 Dec 2006 11:58:43 +0100

Ken,

at a more 10.000 foot level:
are you of the opinion that an IDNA restriction rule, in order to be
viable, needs to include:

- A (short) table of rules based on existing Unicode properties
(including "script")
- An exclusion table, excluding charcters that are included by the rules
- An inclusion table, including characters that are excluded by the rules
- A set of context dependent rules, saying that certain characters can
only be used in certain combinations?

I think this may be a correct conclusion to draw from the discussion so
far, but does mean that we have admitted that we need to examine the
codeset character by character, at some level.

Harald