[R-C] Discussion on Congestion Control for RTP

Ashwin Rao ashwin.shirvanthe at gmail.com
Thu Mar 29 15:42:21 CEST 2012

Hi,

At the iccrg presentations at IETF there were a good number of people
who were interested in working on congestion control for RTP. I am
interested in working on congestion control for RTP I have expressed
my interest to a few people working on RTCWeb at Mozilla. I would like
to know if any one is interested in discussing the problems in this
area. I would like to discuss some problems after the conex meeting
that ends at 19:40 in room 253. We could meet in this room after the
conex presentation and if required move to another room.

Topics that I would like to discuss include
1. Is RTCWeb [ http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-alvestrand-rtcweb-congestion-01
]  being too conservative with respect to increasing the rate of
sending packets.
2. How to address issues that affect the performance of delay based
congestion control algorithms like TCP Vegas.
3. Lessons learned from LEDBAT.

Regards,
Ashwin