[R-C] Simplifying the TCP throughput algorithm

Luca De Cicco ldecicco at gmail.com
Thu Mar 29 13:15:51 CEST 2012

Dear Harald,

it's not that safe modifying the PFTK formula without breaking
tcp-friendliness (if we want to be tcp-friendly, and I assume we want
it).  That formula mimics the long term behaviour of a TCP flow
experiencing a specific RTT and packet loss ratio p.
Not taking into account the RTT of the connection to estimate TCP
throughput is quite dangerous.

Cheers,
Luca