[R-C] Modular Congestion Control in rtcweb

Michael Welzl michawe at ifi.uio.no
Wed Mar 28 00:49:21 CEST 2012

+1

And note that, if a new congestion control mechanism is specified, it
would probably be better to have a generic "home" for it rather than
requiring 20 RFCs, each describing how to implement it in this and
that protocol... things are just getting rather messy.

The problem with DCCP so far might be the lack of an efficient
implementation that works over UDP (apologies if there IS such an
implementation and I just don't know it). But we do have draft-ietf-
dccp-udpencap...

Cheers,
Michael