[R-C] Congestion control requirements - I-D format, -01a version

Ali C. Begen (abegen) abegen at cisco.com
Sat Mar 3 14:16:01 CET 2012

One hundred vs hundreds of ms makes a big difference IMO. I won't insist but these two types of apps have quite different requirements when it comes to congestion control.

> If you insist, I can add "interactive" to the title, but I don't think
> of one-way streaming of stored video as "real-time", and wouldn't want
> to encourage that idea.

Stored or live, that is a separate discussion but in the case of streaming of one-way content, the crucial thing is the tolerable delay not whether the content is pre-encoded or live.

-acbegen