[R-C] BoF approved

Mo Zanaty (mzanaty) mzanaty at cisco.com
Mon Jul 23 04:14:46 CEST 2012

This happens all the time today. All widely deployed video communication products/services have some form of adaptive rate behavior, usually employing a combination of standard and proprietary feedback. When you mix vendors, only the standard feedback works. But the response to standard feedback is not standardized, so you get different behavior/rates on each side. RMCAT should avoid this chaos by specifying behavior in the absence of some or all of the newly standardized feedback, which will look just like unknown proprietary feedback to the non-RMCAT side.

We should first focus on getting the right standard in place for RMCAT on both sides. But then we should also specify interop behavior with non-RMCAT peers.

Mo