[R-C] BoF approved

Michael Welzl michawe at ifi.uio.no
Fri Jul 6 12:41:46 CEST 2012

Hi all,

On 6/26/12 4:05 PM, Wesley Eddy wrote:
> The RMCAT BoF was approved to meet at IETF 84 in Vancouver.
>
> BoF chairs will be announced soon.
>
> When it was discussed by the IESG and IAB, one topic that really
> needs to be clarified by/within the group is the scope of the
> mechanisms being developed.  For instance, it needs to be more
> clear what stack the group wants to be chartered to operate on.
> Whether the group would be doing a mechanism that works for RTP
> itself, or a new SCTP mechanism will need to be very clear.

I would like to get a grip on exactly *what* really *is* decided
regarding the way the stack looks. Which protocol over which protocol(s)
for which type of data.

Any information would be appreciated - ideally with references: "...
because this is in draft XY"   /   "... because 5 companies already
implement it this way, and it's going to be in draft Z"    / "...because
this is what everyone in rtcweb agrees on"

- something of that sort, please. Just to get an idea of where we now
stand, and what consensus we can build upon.

Cheers,
Michael