[R-C] WG name (Re: Charter -> congestion avoidance vs. congestion control?)

Mo Zanaty (mzanaty) mzanaty at cisco.com
Wed Aug 8 16:49:21 CEST 2012

I prefer an explicit reference to RTP (IRCC) not Media (IMCC) in the WG name, since we are explicitly targeting RTP, and plan to extend RTP/RTCP if necessary per the charter.

The working group will:
        * Develop a clear understanding of the congestion control requirements for RTP flows, and document deficiencies of existing mechanisms such as TFRC with regards to these requirements.
        * Define interactions between applications and RTP flows to enable signalling requirements such as per-packet priorities.
        * Determine if there is an appropriate means to define standard RTP/RTCP extensions for carrying congestion control feedback, similar to how DCCP defines CCIDs, and if so, document such extensions as standards-track RFCs.

But I understand if that name may irk some folks... :)

Mo