[R-C] LEDBAT - introductions?

Saverio Mascolo saverio.mascolo at gmail.com
Wed Apr 11 14:11:37 CEST 2012

is someone trying rate-based control?

On Wed, Apr 11, 2012 at 1:39 PM, Zaheduzzaman Sarker <
zaheduzzaman.sarker at ericsson.com> wrote:

> On 2012-04-05 13:53, Michael Welzl wrote:
>

>> I don't think anybody advocated using LEDBAT as it is here. But
>> personally, I would favor "adjusting" LEDBAT by e.g. adding the "TCP
>> equation as a lower limit" trick (which I think is neat!) and tuning
>> its parameters over having a from-scratch design of a new delay-based
>> mechanism. LEDBAT has already undergone some investigation, and so
>> we'd have a more stable basis.
>>
> I am sure LEDBAT CC algorithm has gone through strict examination and
> serves its purpose but as pointed out by others (Jim) those were not
> related to real-time interactive media.
>
> LEDBAT CC algorithm is window based (Congestion window) that is one extra
> queue at the sender side. I think Magnus Westerlund has already pointed out
> the possible issues with this kind of design in another mail.
>
> The path of fine tuning of LEDBAT may not be as smooth as one think.
>
> BR
>
> --
> Zahed
>
> ==============================**==============
> ANM ZAHEDUZZAMAN SARKER
>

> Ericsson AB
> Multimedia Technologies (MMT)
> Ericsson Research
> P.O. Box 920, SE-971 28, Luleå, Sweden
> Phone +46 10 717 37 43
> Fax +46 920 996 21
> SMS/MMS +46 76 115 37 43
> zaheduzzaman.sarker at ericsson.**com <zaheduzzaman.sarker at ericsson.com>
> www.ericsson.com

Prof. Saverio Mascolo
Dipartimento di Elettrotecnica ed Elettronica
Politecnico di Bari
Via Orabona 4, 70125 Bari Italy
Tel. +39 080 5963621
Fax. +39 080 5963410
email:mascolo at poliba.it

http://c3lab.poliba.it

 This message may contain confidential and/or legally privileged
information.
  If you are not the intended recipient of the message, please destroy it.
 Any unauthorized dissemination, distribution, or copying of the material in
 this message, and any attachments to the message, is strictly forbidden.