[RTW] WG charter, take 4

Bernard Aboba bernard_aboba at hotmail.com
Fri Feb 25 04:15:36 CET 2011

Harald said:

"I think the security issues need to be addressed explicitly, and it's
not just limited to the RTP interworking case.

Should we add something like the below?

"The WG will evaluate the security implications of the changes proposed,
and will ensure that adequate security mechanisms are included in the
protocol suite"

[BA] I'm thinking of a tangible output, such as a security analysis or a set
of
requirements that could be provided to the W3C.  In just a short amount of
time
we've come up with some API requirements for P2P media security (e.g.
Javascript
APIs to provide IP addresses, STUN APIs, etc.).  It would be helpful for
this
kind of thing to be written down rather than vanishing into the ether.  This
would also make it possible to have outside security review, to possibly
uncover
things we may have missed.

Harald also said:

I also note that we don't seem to have said anything about congestion
management, something we have also discussed the need for earlier.

[BA] Yes, that probably also should be included.