[RTW] Name of group: RTCWEB or voting?

Christer Holmberg christer.holmberg at ericsson.com
Sat Feb 19 00:13:26 CET 2011

RTCWEB is fine.

Regards,

Christer

From: rtc-web-bounces at alvestrand.no [rtc-web-bounces at alvestrand.no] On Behalf Of Harald Alvestrand [harald at alvestrand.no]
Sent: Thursday, February 17, 2011 4:18 PM
To: rtc-web at alvestrand.no
Subject: [RTW] Name of group: RTCWEB or voting?

It seems that most people have been comfortable with referring to this
effort as RTCWEB. That's also the name we got our BOF approved under.

Our current charter draft at http://rtc-web.alvestrand.com/ietf-activity
has a kitchen-sink list of possible names; we could in theory hold a
straw poll on the list, ask everyone to rank their preferred opinion, do
a Condorcet-method ranking exercise on the result, and hope that we
don't end up with a preference loop... but it might be simpler to just
declare consensus and leave it as-is.

If Ted, Cullen and I don't hear a groundswell of opinion that we need to
run a straw poll exercise, we'll just leave it as RTCWEB, and remove the
alternatives.

Seems OK?

                Harald