[RTW] BOF agenda uploaded to IETF servers

Harald Alvestrand harald at alvestrand.no
Wed Feb 16 09:42:07 CET 2011

On 02/16/11 09:10, Elwell, John wrote:
> Harald,
>
> 1. The only mention of charter is in the very last item: "Charter hum". I would have expected a slot for discussing the charter. At least the agenda should have a reference to the draft charter.
The last is a good point. I do regard the technology and charter
discussions as being deeply intertwined, but we'll make the charter
relationship more explicit.
> 2. It think an important technical discussion item is on interoperability with existing SIP/SDP/RTP endpoints. This will no doubt be touched on in the codec item, but there are other issues, most notably the STUN issue (the fact that STUN connectivity checks are hardly deployed at present).
I regard this as a most important aspect of requirements/scenarios work
- do we accept a scenario with direct communication with non-STUN RTP
endpoints as a requirement, or don't we? And if we do, what's the
security model (which we touch on under "criteria for work done in the
browser"?

Ted and I will take another whack at the draft agenda later today.

              Harald