[RTW] [dispatch] Does RTC-WEB need to pick a signaling protocol?

Bernard Aboba bernard_aboba at hotmail.com
Thu Feb 3 04:49:57 CET 2011

Alternatives can be explored for how to represent the information provided by SDP, but the enumeration and testing of potential endpoints within an offer-answer exchange is at the core of ICE (RFC 5245), and is also a potential means for demonstrating media authorization.  If the Javascript limitations on enumeration of physical or logical addresses can't be overcome, we might have to live with server reflexive and relayed endpoint identifiers (assuming that server reflexive and relayed endpoint identifiers don't trigger similar concerns).  Replacing addresses with names could be done prior to the offer/answer exchange but this might introduce vulnerabilities (e.g. voice hammer attacks based on DNS cache poisoning).